Bemis (BMS) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Guides a Touch Below the Street
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Bemis (NYSE: BMS) reported Q3 EPS of $0.75, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.75. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.03 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.06 billion.
Bemis sees FY2016 EPS of $2.65-$2.70, versus the consensus of $2.72.
“Our key financial metrics improved this quarter,” said William F. Austen, Bemis Company's President and Chief Executive Officer. “Adjusted EPS increased nearly 12 percent over the prior year. We increased operating margins and delivered our highest total company EBITDA since 2014. Cash from operations improved sequentially, in line with our plan.” Austen continued, “We still have room for improvement. In our U.S. business, we planned for volume growth but disappointed ourselves with flat unit volumes this quarter. In our Global business, we continue to work on improving operational efficiencies at our expanded Oshkosh healthcare packaging facility and on executing our restructuring program in Latin America.” Austen further commented, “I remain confident in the long-term health of our business and remain committed to creating long-term shareholder value.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Bemis (BMS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Central Garden & Pet (CENT) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!