Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Barnes & Noble Education (NYSE: BNED) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.60), $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.58). Revenue for the quarter came in at $239.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $245.58 million.
Comparable store sales decreased 2.8% for the quarter representing approximately $6.2 million in revenue. The decrease is primarily attributable to textbook sales, which were down 6.8%, partially offset by an increase in general merchandise sales of 1.6%.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Cooper Cos. (COO) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c, Offers FY17 Guidance
- Finisar (FNSR) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!