Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Barnes & Noble Education (NYSE: BNED) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.60), $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.58). Revenue for the quarter came in at $239.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $245.58 million.
Comparable store sales decreased 2.8% for the quarter representing approximately $6.2 million in revenue. The decrease is primarily attributable to textbook sales, which were down 6.8%, partially offset by an increase in general merchandise sales of 1.6%.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Barnes & Noble Education (BNED) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- P&G profit and sales beat Wall Street estimates
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!