Ballantyne Strong (BTN) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.03
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ballantyne Strong (NYSE: BTN) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.03), versus ($0.18) reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $18.7 million, versus $19.7 million reported last year.
Kyle Cerminara, Chairman and CEO of Ballantyne Strong, Inc. commented, "I am pleased with our progress during the third quarter of 2016. While the third quarter of 2016 was negatively impacted by a few items, the timing of which disproportionally impacted this quarter, we continue to make a great deal of progress with the turnaround of the company and we are excited about the revenue and earnings prospects as we move into 2017. Our team continues to focus now on building from the foundation we’ve laid out in the last year, and though this work takes time, we are confident in the long-term shareholder value we are creating. We have made thoughtful investments that we believe have significant potential over the long term. In the past several quarters, we’ve begun reinvesting in areas that have potential to deliver high returns. Some of the most important investments we’ve made have been in our sales force, digital media software, new businesses, R&D and in our corporate infrastructure. Though these investments will impact our earnings in the short term, our expectation is that they deliver high returns for us in the long term. I’m very excited about the potential impact of these investments over the coming quarters and years."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ballantyne Strong (BTN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- Five Below (FIVE) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS, Offers Q4 Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!