BP plc (BP) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BP plc (NYSE: BP) reported Q3 EPS of $0.30, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.25. Revenue for the quarter came in at $48.04 billion versus the consensus estimate of $50.51 billion.
BP’s third-quarter replacement cost (RC) profit was $1,661 million, compared with $1,234 million a year ago. After adjusting for a net gain for non-operating items of $949 million and net unfavourable fair value accounting effects of $221 million (both on a post-tax basis), underlying RC profit for the third quarter was $933 million, compared with $1,819 million for the same period in 2015. For the first nine months of 2016 the RC loss was $1,071 million, compared with a loss of $2,929 million for the first nine months of 2015. Both periods were impacted by charges associated with the Deepwater Horizon accident and oil spill following the settlement of federal, state and local government claims in 2015 and additional provisions this year, when a reliable estimate for all the remaining material liabilities was determined. After adjusting for a net charge for non-operating items of $2,648 million and net unfavourable fair value accounting effects of $608 million (both on a post-tax basis), underlying RC profit for the nine months was $2,185 million, compared with $5,709 million for the same period in 2015.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on BP plc (BP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Zedge, Inc. (ZDGE) Reports Q1 EPS of $0.02
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!