BB&T Corp. (BBT) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BB&T Corp. (NYSE: BBT) reported Q3 EPS of $0.76, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.71. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.78 billion.
"We are pleased to report record earnings for the third quarter," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Kelly S. King. "We achieved strong revenue growth and excellent expense control by capitalizing on our recent acquisitions.
"Taxable-equivalent revenues were $2.8 billion, up $325 million compared to the third quarter of 2015," said King. "For comparison, noninterest expense increased $117 million over the same period, highlighting the strong leverage we achieved with our acquisitions.
"We also completed several strategic actions during the quarter," said King. "We terminated our loss sharing agreements with the FDIC, settled certain matters related to FHA-insured mortgage loans, made a $50 million charitable contribution and completed $160 million of share repurchases. While these actions did not have a significant net impact on our quarterly results, they will reduce ongoing costs and complexity and position us to provide greater returns for our shareholders."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on BB&T Corp. (BBT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
- Workday (WDAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Ambarella (AMBA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesBB&T Capital Markets, FDIC, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!