BB&T Corp. (BBT) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BB&T Corp. (NYSE: BBT) reported Q3 EPS of $0.76, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.71. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.78 billion.
"We are pleased to report record earnings for the third quarter," said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Kelly S. King. "We achieved strong revenue growth and excellent expense control by capitalizing on our recent acquisitions.
"Taxable-equivalent revenues were $2.8 billion, up $325 million compared to the third quarter of 2015," said King. "For comparison, noninterest expense increased $117 million over the same period, highlighting the strong leverage we achieved with our acquisitions.
"We also completed several strategic actions during the quarter," said King. "We terminated our loss sharing agreements with the FDIC, settled certain matters related to FHA-insured mortgage loans, made a $50 million charitable contribution and completed $160 million of share repurchases. While these actions did not have a significant net impact on our quarterly results, they will reduce ongoing costs and complexity and position us to provide greater returns for our shareholders."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on BB&T Corp. (BBT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) to Acquire Certain Materials Business Assets from Heraeus Group
- AbbVie (ABBV), Northwestern University Enter Three-Year Cancer Research Collaboration
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesBB&T Capital Markets, FDIC, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!