Axiall Corp. (AXLL) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Axiall Corp. (NYSE: AXLL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.12, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $0.01. Revenue for the quarter came in at $776.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $838 million.
On June 10, 2016, the company entered into an agreement and plan of merger with Westlake Chemical Corporation (“Westlake”) and Lagoon Merger Sub, Inc., a newly formed wholly owned subsidiary of Westlake.
On August 1, 2016, Axiall filed a definitive proxy statement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) to notify the company’s shareholders of a special meeting to be held on August 30, 2016 to vote on the proposed merger with Westlake (the “Merger”). Axiall and Westlake have received all regulatory approvals required for the Merger, including approvals required by U.S. and Canadian competition laws.
The company has terminated its previously announced sales process for the remainder of its Building Products business.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Axiall Corp. (AXLL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- UPDATE: Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) to Obtain New Credit Facilities; Company in Discussions to Acquire Related Business, Satellite Transponders
- FMSA Holdings Inc. (FMSA) Files Mixed, Common Stock Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!