AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c, Comps Rise 1%
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
AutoZone (NYSE: AZO) reported Q4 EPS of $14.30, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $14.25. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.43 billion.
Same Store Sales Increase 1.0%.
AutoZone lifted FY2016 EPS to $40.70, versus the consensus of $40.74.
“I would like to thank our entire organization for the strong performance delivered this past fiscal year. We are pleased to report our fortieth consecutive quarter of double digit earnings per share growth. Since our inception, we’ve been committed to providing superior customer service and trustworthy advice: our key points of differentiation. This commitment to our customers leads us to deliver exceptional financial performance. For the year, we reached many milestones which included generating $10.6 billion in sales, opening 156 new domestic AutoZone stores, 43 AutoZone stores internationally, and six IMC branches. Additionally, the ongoing rollout of our inventory availability initiatives, including expanding our multi-deliveries per week to stores and opening mega hub locations, has gone very well. We expect to continue with these initiatives in 2017 while expanding our supply chain network with the already announced planned openings of two or three new domestic distribution centers over the next few years. In order to continue to meet our customers’ needs across all selling channels, we continue to invest capital in our product availability initiatives across our businesses. While investing to grow, we will remain committed to our disciplined approach to increasing operating earnings and utilizing our capital effectively,” said Bill Rhodes, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on AutoZone (AZO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McCormick & Co. (MKC) Tops Q3 EPS by 9c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Accenture (ACN) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Guides FY17
- Altisource Residential (RESI) Announces $652M Acquisition of ~4,262 Single Family Rental Homes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!