AstraZeneca (AZN) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c
- Futures flat as oil rally pauses
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Trump's corporate tax holiday could spur pharma M&A
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN) reported Q3 EPS of $0.80, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $0.74. Revenue for the quarter came in at $5.7 billion versus the consensus estimate of $5.95 billion.
Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer, commenting on the results said:
The performance in the third quarter was in line with our expectations, reflecting the transitional impact from the first full quarter of generic competition to Crestor in the US. We sharpened significantly our focus on our three therapy areas, by prioritising our portfolio through externalisation and divestments. This focus, underpinned by our productivity initiatives, supported the rapid reduction in SG&A costs. This enabled our increased investment in Oncology, as well as in China and launched new medicines in key markets.
Our late-stage pipeline continued to advance at a pace we could not have anticipated three years ago, as we saw with recent positive results for Tagrisso in lung cancer, Lynparza in ovarian cancer and our first respiratory biologic medicine, benralizumab, in severe, uncontrolled asthma.
Importantly, we are entering an intensive period of news flow over the next twelve months, in particular revealing the potential of our Immuno-Oncology and targeted medicines. Our focus on scientific excellence keeps us on track with our goals, as we approach an inflection point of a pipeline designed to transform our company and the lives of patients.
AstraZeneca reaffirmed FY2016 guidance.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on AstraZeneca (AZN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Photronics (PLAB) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Q1 EPS Below Views
- Michaels Cos. (MIK) Misses Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Fall 2%; Lowers Outlook, Announces $300M Stock Buyback
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!