Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q4 EPS by 8c; Comps Fell 4%
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) reported Q4 EPS of $0.08, $0.08 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.16. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.81 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.77 billion.
The Company’s comparable sales data for the fiscal fourth quarter is summarized below:
|Net Sales (millions)|
|Three Months Ended|
|July 30, 2016||July 25, 2015|
ANN was acquired in the first quarter of Fiscal 2016. For comparative purposes, utilizing unaudited internally generated ANN data from the pre-acquisition period, ANN's comparable sales for the fourth quarter of Fiscal 2016 were approximately (6)%. Given that it reflects pre-acquisition data, ANN's sales were excluded from the calculation of Total Company comparable sales. Including the unaudited internally generated ANN data, Total Company comparable sales were approximately (5)%.
NOTE: The Street was looking for comps to fall 2.1 percent.
Ascena Retail Group sees FY2017 EPS of $0.60 - $0.65, versus the consensus of $0.83. Ascena Retail Group sees FY2017 revenue of $6.9 - $7.0 billion, versus the consensus of $7.17 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Raises Outlook
- Sierra Bancorp (BSRR) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c
- Entegra Financial Corp. Announces Further Expansion With Purchase of 2 Branches in Northern Georgia
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!