Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q4 EPS by 8c; Comps Fell 4%
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) reported Q4 EPS of $0.08, $0.08 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.16. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.81 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.77 billion.
The Company’s comparable sales data for the fiscal fourth quarter is summarized below:
|Net Sales (millions)|
|Three Months Ended|
|July 30, 2016||July 25, 2015|
ANN was acquired in the first quarter of Fiscal 2016. For comparative purposes, utilizing unaudited internally generated ANN data from the pre-acquisition period, ANN's comparable sales for the fourth quarter of Fiscal 2016 were approximately (6)%. Given that it reflects pre-acquisition data, ANN's sales were excluded from the calculation of Total Company comparable sales. Including the unaudited internally generated ANN data, Total Company comparable sales were approximately (5)%.
NOTE: The Street was looking for comps to fall 2.1 percent.
Ascena Retail Group sees FY2017 EPS of $0.60 - $0.65, versus the consensus of $0.83. Ascena Retail Group sees FY2017 revenue of $6.9 - $7.0 billion, versus the consensus of $7.17 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yahoo! (YHOO): Hack Not A Material Adverse Change - SunTrust's Peck
- e-Future (EFUT) to be Acquired by Shiji and eFuture CI for $6.42/Share
- Blue Bird Corporation (BLBD) Begins Shipping All-New Gasoline-Powered Bus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!