Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q4 EPS by 8c; Comps Fell 4%
- Wall Street reverses loss, gains on oil rally
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/28: (AVXL) (SPU) (HLIT) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (FGP) Lower
- Bernstein's Sacconaghi Sees Stronger Apple (AAPL) iPhone ASPs
- Fed's Yellen defends regulatory role, raises stress test changes
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Will End Internal Hardware Development; Boosts FY17 Outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) reported Q4 EPS of $0.08, $0.08 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.16. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.81 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.77 billion.
The Company’s comparable sales data for the fiscal fourth quarter is summarized below:
|Net Sales (millions)|
|Three Months Ended|
|July 30, 2016||July 25, 2015|
ANN was acquired in the first quarter of Fiscal 2016. For comparative purposes, utilizing unaudited internally generated ANN data from the pre-acquisition period, ANN's comparable sales for the fourth quarter of Fiscal 2016 were approximately (6)%. Given that it reflects pre-acquisition data, ANN's sales were excluded from the calculation of Total Company comparable sales. Including the unaudited internally generated ANN data, Total Company comparable sales were approximately (5)%.
NOTE: The Street was looking for comps to fall 2.1 percent.
Ascena Retail Group sees FY2017 EPS of $0.60 - $0.65, versus the consensus of $0.83. Ascena Retail Group sees FY2017 revenue of $6.9 - $7.0 billion, versus the consensus of $7.17 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Travelzoo (TZOO) Mentioned Cautiously at Cliffside Research; 'Strong Sell', $6.60 PT
- Trio-Tech Int'l (TRT) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.05
- UPDATE: Ford (F) CEO Fields Says Sales Slowdown is 'Concern' for Investors; Sees Cars as Part of IoT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Retail Sales, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!