Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 25, 2016 4:34 PM EDT)
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) reported Q4 EPS of $1.67, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $1.65. Revenue for the quarter came in at $46.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $46.89 billion.
The company sold 45.51 million iPhone units in the quarter, versus the consensus of 45 million.
Apple sees Q1 2017 revenue of $76-78 billion, versus the consensus of $74.98 billion.
"Our strong September quarter results cap a very successful fiscal 2016 for Apple," said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. "We’re thrilled with the customer response to iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 2, as well as the incredible momentum of our Services business, where revenue grew 24 percent to set another all-time record."
"We are pleased to have generated $16.1 billion in operating cash flow, a new record for the September quarter," said Luca Maestri, Apple’s CFO. "We also returned $9.3 billion to investors through dividends and share repurchases during the quarter and have now completed over $186 billion of our capital return program."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Apple (AAPL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Xactly Corporation (XTLY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- DAVIDsTEA Inc. (DTEA) Misses Q3 EPS by 4c, Names Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!