Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 25, 2016 4:34 PM EDT)
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) reported Q4 EPS of $1.67, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $1.65. Revenue for the quarter came in at $46.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $46.89 billion.
The company sold 45.51 million iPhone units in the quarter, versus the consensus of 45 million.
Apple sees Q1 2017 revenue of $76-78 billion, versus the consensus of $74.98 billion.
"Our strong September quarter results cap a very successful fiscal 2016 for Apple," said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. "We’re thrilled with the customer response to iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 2, as well as the incredible momentum of our Services business, where revenue grew 24 percent to set another all-time record."
"We are pleased to have generated $16.1 billion in operating cash flow, a new record for the September quarter," said Luca Maestri, Apple’s CFO. "We also returned $9.3 billion to investors through dividends and share repurchases during the quarter and have now completed over $186 billion of our capital return program."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Apple (AAPL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- At Home Group (HOME) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.03
- Photronics (PLAB) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Q1 EPS Below Views