Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 25, 2016 4:34 PM EDT)
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) reported Q4 EPS of $1.67, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $1.65. Revenue for the quarter came in at $46.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $46.89 billion.
The company sold 45.51 million iPhone units in the quarter, versus the consensus of 45 million.
Apple sees Q1 2017 revenue of $76-78 billion, versus the consensus of $74.98 billion.
"Our strong September quarter results cap a very successful fiscal 2016 for Apple," said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. "We’re thrilled with the customer response to iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch Series 2, as well as the incredible momentum of our Services business, where revenue grew 24 percent to set another all-time record."
"We are pleased to have generated $16.1 billion in operating cash flow, a new record for the September quarter," said Luca Maestri, Apple’s CFO. "We also returned $9.3 billion to investors through dividends and share repurchases during the quarter and have now completed over $186 billion of our capital return program."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Apple (AAPL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Comps Fall 5%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!