Anthem (ANTM) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Anthem (NYSE: ANTM) reported Q3 EPS of $2.45, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $2.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $21.13 billion versus the consensus estimate of $20.77 billion.
Membership: Medical enrollment totaled approximately 39.9 million members at September 30, 2016, an increase of approximately 1.2 million members, or 3.1 percent, from 38.7 million at September 30, 2015. Commercial & Specialty Business enrollment increased by 656 thousand medical members as the Company experienced growth in the National and Local Group businesses. Enrollment also grew by 554 thousand in the Medicaid business.
Medical enrollment increased by 160 thousand members, or 0.4 percent, sequentially during the third quarter of 2016. The increase reflected enrollment gains in the Local Group and Medicaid businesses, partially offset by declines in the Individual and National businesses.
Anthem sees FY2016 EPS of $10.80, versus the consensus of $10.85.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Anthem (ANTM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Below Consensus Prelim. Q3 Revenue
- Xactly Corporation (XTLY) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!