Anthem (ANTM) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Anthem (NYSE: ANTM) reported Q3 EPS of $2.45, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $2.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $21.13 billion versus the consensus estimate of $20.77 billion.
Membership: Medical enrollment totaled approximately 39.9 million members at September 30, 2016, an increase of approximately 1.2 million members, or 3.1 percent, from 38.7 million at September 30, 2015. Commercial & Specialty Business enrollment increased by 656 thousand medical members as the Company experienced growth in the National and Local Group businesses. Enrollment also grew by 554 thousand in the Medicaid business.
Medical enrollment increased by 160 thousand members, or 0.4 percent, sequentially during the third quarter of 2016. The increase reflected enrollment gains in the Local Group and Medicaid businesses, partially offset by declines in the Individual and National businesses.
Anthem sees FY2016 EPS of $10.80, versus the consensus of $10.85.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Anthem (ANTM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Tops Q4 EPS by 26c
- ServiceMaster Global Holdings (SERV) CFO to Alan Haughie Retire; Anthony DiLucente to Succeed; Reaffirms FY Guidance
- Citigroup (C) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!