American Express (AXP) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Boosts FY16 Outlook
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 19, 2016 4:06 PM EDT)
American Express (NYSE: AXP) reported Q3 EPS of $1.24, $0.28 better than the analyst estimate of $0.96. Revenue for the quarter came in at $7.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $7.72 billion.
The company now expects GAAP earnings per share for 2016 to be between $5.65 and $5.75, which includes the restructuring charges taken in the first three quarters of 2016. The adjusted earnings per share outlook, which excludes restructuring charges, is now $5.90 to $6.00. This is higher than the prior estimate of adjusted full year earnings per share at the high end of the company’s initial $5.40 to $5.70 range.
*** The Street sees FY16 EPS of $5.51.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on American Express (AXP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!