American Express (AXP) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Boosts FY16 Outlook
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 19, 2016 4:06 PM EDT)
American Express (NYSE: AXP) reported Q3 EPS of $1.24, $0.28 better than the analyst estimate of $0.96. Revenue for the quarter came in at $7.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $7.72 billion.
The company now expects GAAP earnings per share for 2016 to be between $5.65 and $5.75, which includes the restructuring charges taken in the first three quarters of 2016. The adjusted earnings per share outlook, which excludes restructuring charges, is now $5.90 to $6.00. This is higher than the prior estimate of adjusted full year earnings per share at the high end of the company’s initial $5.40 to $5.70 range.
*** The Street sees FY16 EPS of $5.51.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on American Express (AXP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PPL Corp. (PPL) to Reiterate 2016 Earnings Guidance at Upcoming Analyst/Investor Meetings
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!