Altria Group (MO) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Reaffirms
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Altria Group (NYSE: MO) reported Q3 EPS of $0.82, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.80. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.9 billion, versus $6.7 billion reported last year.
“Altria delivered excellent performance in the third quarter and for the first nine months.” said Marty Barrington, Altria’s Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President. “Our core tobacco businesses delivered solid income growth on the strength of their leading premium brands. We also continued to simplify business processes, streamline infrastructure and invest in important growth initiatives. And with the completion of Anheuser-Busch InBev’s business combination with SABMiller, we maximized the value of our SABMiller investment and expanded and extended our share repurchase program. Going forward, we continue to have a position in the global brewing profit pool as a significant shareholder in the new combined company.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Altria Group (MO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Johnson Controls (JCI) Offers FY17 Outlook; Provides Expectations for 2020
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) to Acquire Certain Materials Business Assets from Heraeus Group
- Genesco (GCO) Tops Q3 EPS Views, Sales Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!