Alaska Air Group (ALK) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK) reported Q3 EPS of $2.20, $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of $2.07. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.56 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.56 billion.
- Generated approximately $1.2 billion of operating cash flow and $700 million of free cash flow for the nine months ending September 30, 2016.
- Achieved 24.8% adjusted pre-tax margin on a trailing 12-month basis.
- Achieved return on invested capital of 24.4% for the 12-month period ending September 30, 2016.
- Held $3.2 billion in unrestricted cash and marketable securities as of September 30, 2016.
Planned Acquisition of Virgin America:
- Announced proposed acquisition of Virgin America on April 4, 2016.
- Raised approximately $1.5 billion of funding in anticipation of the proposed acquisition of Virgin America.
- Recorded special items of $22 million in the third quarter for merger-related costs.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Alaska Air Group (ALK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!