Aegean Marine (ANW) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Aegean Marine (NYSE: ANW) reported Q2 EPS of $0.32, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.23. Revenue for the quarter came in at $987.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $899.63 million.
Compared to prior year period:
- Increased sales volumes by 29.9% to 4,092,789 metric tons.
- Increased gross profit by 19.0% to $93.4 million compared to prior year.
- Increased operating income by 95.3% to $28.9 million.
- Increased operating income adjusted for a loss on sale of non-core vessels by 111.5% to $31.3 million.
- Recorded GAAP net income attributable to Aegean shareholders of $13.5 million or $0.27 basic and dilutedearnings per share.
- Net income adjusted for a loss on sale of non-core vessels was $16.0 million or $0.32 basic and diluted earnings per share.
- Generated record adjusted EBITDA of $37.9 million.
- Sold two non-core vessels, enabling $5 million in debt pay down, which is expected to result in operating cost reductions of approximately $6.4 million on an annual basis.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Aegean Marine (ANW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- WSFS Financial (WSFS) Misses Q3 EPS by 10c
- Corporate Office Properties Trust (OFC) Reports In-Line Q3 FFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!