Acorn International (ATV) Swings to Q2 Profit; Adds $2M to Stock Buyback Plan
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Acorn International (NYSE: ATV) reported Q2 net income of $5.73 million, versus a loss of $13.23 million reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.9 million, versus $8.1 million reported last year.
Effective August 8, 2016, the Board of Directors of the Company authorized an expansion of the share repurchase program. Under the original share repurchase program announced in January 2016, the Company was authorized to purchase up to $2 million worth of its American depositary shares ("ADSs"). The Board increased the Company's repurchase authority under the stock repurchase program so that up to $4 million worth of its ADSs can be repurchased. As of June 30, the Company had repurchased approximately 13,005 ADSs at an average price $4.36 per ADS.
The Company's proposed repurchases may be made from time to time on the open market at prevailing market prices, in privately negotiated transactions, in block trades and/or through other legally permissible means, depending on market conditions and in accordance with applicable rules and regulations. The timing and extent of any purchases will depend upon market conditions, the trading price of its ADSs and other factors, and are subject to the restrictions relating to volume, price and timing under applicable law. The Company plans to fund repurchases from its existing cash balance.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Acorn International (ATV) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Yum China Holdings (YUMC) to Buy, Sees Selloff As Buying Opportunity Ahead Of Q4 Report
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Posts Q4 EPS of $0.96, Sales Miss
- First Republic Bank (FRC) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!