Ability (ABIL) Posts Q3 Loss of 4c/Share
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ability (NASDAQ: ABIL) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.04), $0.28 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.24. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $18.2 million.
The results for the third quarter of 2016 reflect a payment by the Company under a legal settlement, approved by the Board but not yet executed, in an amount of $1.8 million, as well as $654,000 in legal and professional services fees related to the Audit Committee's investigation of the previously announced restatement. The settlement is with respect to a claim previously disclosed brought against Ability Computer & Software Industries Ltd. and the Company's controlling shareholders, Messrs. Anatoly Hurgin and Alexander Aurovsky. The total settlement amount for the claim was $2.25 million. The Company and Messrs. Hurgin and Aurovsky agreed to appoint an independent third party to make a final determination as to which of the parties should pay the settlement amount, and the allocation of the settlement amount between the Company and Messrs. Hurgin and Aurovsky, if applicable. The Company has agreed to pay 80%, and Messrs. Hurgin and Aurovsky have agreed to pay the balance, in each case until a final determination of the allocation by the independent third party is made. Excluding these non-operational expenses of $2.5 million, the Company would have reported positive EBITDA for the quarter.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Ability (ABIL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Medley Management (MDLY) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!