Traders see December U.S. rate hike back in play
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. interest rates futures on Wednesday pared their initial gains linked to Donald Trump's surprise victory for the U.S. presidency, suggesting traders think the Federal Reserve may still raise interest rates at its Dec. 13-14 policy meeting.
Traders had speculated the U.S. central bank may refrain from raising rates in response to the immense market volatility worldwide overnight as the election results defied forecasts of a White House win for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.
Federal funds futures for December delivery were up 1.5 basis points at 99.51 after rising as high as 99.55 overnight. This implied about a 67 chance of a rate increase next month after falling to roughly 50 percent earlier, according to CME Group's FedWatch program.
Late Tuesday, rate futures implied traders placed a 76 chance of a December rate increase.
(Reporting by Richard Leong; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Factory Orders (Oct) 2.7% vs 2.6% Expected
- Durable Goods (Oct. F) 4.6% vs 3.4% Expected; Ex-Trans 0.8% vs 0.5%
- Moody's Lower Outlook on Italy to Negative; Ratings Affirmed (FXE)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Fed, Reuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!