Notable ETF Movers of the Day 11/15: (VXX) (USO) (XLK) Higher; (XRT) (TAN) (RTH) Lower
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 2.35 percent to $45.67. The CBOE VIX is up nearly 4 percent on the session as markets are still focused on Italian bond yields, which rose to nearly 7 percent once again Tuesday, putting Italy's ability to borrow on the public markets in question.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) up 0.95 percent to $38.22. Although markets are weaker today, crude is trading higher following economic data in the U.S. as well as in the euro zone. Combined GDP for the euro zone members for the third-quarter rose 0.2 percent sequentially, and 1.4 percent from the same period last year. Numbers point to strong growth amid recent debt troubles.
- Technology Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLK) up 0.46 percent to $26.08. The move is being led by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) today, as reports Tuesday say nothing is wrong with MacBook shipments and Goldman attributed much of the strong October retail sales numbers to iPhone 4S orders. Apple is 1.9 percent better Tuesday.
- SPDR S&P Retail (NYSE: XRT) down 1.11 percent to $52.58. The retail ETF trading lower today amid better-than-expected numbers for the month of October. Retail sales came in at 0.5 percent, above the 0.4 percent consensus. Excluding gains from automotive, and sales were up 0.6 percent, compared with expectations for 0.2 percent.
- Guggenheim Solar (NYSE: TAN) down 2.86 percent to $3.06. Maybe a little anticipated, but solars might be taking a hint following LDK Solar's (NYSE: LDK) lowered outlook. LDK cut both third-quarter and fiscal 2011 shipment, revenue, and production outlooks. LDK is 4.3 percent lower Tuesday.
- Retail HOLDRS (NYSE: RTH) down 0.96 percent to $112.14. Despite the numbers for October, the other retail ETF is being led by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT), which missed third-quarter earnings expectations, as costs put a crimp on margins. Click here for more on Wal-mart's quarter. The stock is down 2.5 percent on the session.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Trading Radar for 03/10: FuelCell (FCEL), Fuel Tech (FTEK), Resolute Energy (REN), Douglas Dynamics (PLOW) Report
- UPDATE: Foot Locker, Inc. (FL) Tops Q4 EPS Views
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c; Guides Q1 Profit Below Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!