Notable ETF Movers of the Day 11/08: (SLV) Higher; (FXI) (XRT) Lower
- Facebook (FB) Set to Join the S&P 100 & 500; Alliance Data Systems (ADS) and Mohawk (MHK) to Join the S&P 500; Changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and the S&P SmallCap 600
- Market Wrap: Facebook is Movin' Up; Strong Start for IPO Autohome; Costco Slumps on Sales
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/11: (UNS) (PRTA) (FB) Higher; (IMUC) (ATHN) (SUNE) Lower (more...)
- William Blair's 2014 Top Midcap Picks
- Fortis to Acquire UNS Energy (UNS) for $60.25/Share
iShares Silver Trust ETF (NYSE: SLV) gained 1.6 percent to 31.30. The spot price of silver climbed above $32 per once, extending election-fueled gains. Gold and SPDR Gold Shares ETF (NYSE: GLD) had goods days, climbing 0.7 percent. Bullish sentiment is tied to hope that loose Fed monetary policy will continue under the Obama administration.
iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (NYSE: FXI) declined 2.4 percent to 36.38. Shares in China fell in sympathy with equities in New York. China is electing a new leader this week - a once in a decade event - which may be causing jitters as investors are unaccustomed to China's new rulers.
SPDR S&P Retail (NYSE: XRT) declined 1.8 percent to 61.48. Shares of Supervalu (NYSE: SVU) and Kohls (NYSE: KSS) led the decline, falling 4 percent. Kohls decline is tied to its earnings report this morning. Specifically, investors were disappointed by lower Q4 guidance.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Trading Radar for 12/09: Layne Christensen (LAYN), Pep Boys (PBY), Analogic (ALOG), PVH (PVH) Report
- Lieff Cabraser Announces Class Action Litigation Against Violin Memory, Inc. - VMEM
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesBarack Obama, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!