Notable ETF Movers of the Day 11/08: (SLV) Higher; (FXI) (XRT) Lower
- Top 10 News for 8/18 - 8/22: Apple Back to Record Highs; Ballmer Bids Microsoft 'Adieu'; Dollar Store M&A Saga Continues
- Yellen Jackson Hole Speech: Labor Market Dynamics and Monetary Policy
- It's About Time Apple (AAPL) Price Targets Started Moving Higher
- Dynegy (DYN) to Acquire Duke Energy's (DUK) Midwest Generation Assets in $6.25B Deal
- Murata Electronics to Acquire Peregrine Semi (PSMI) in Net $465M Deal
iShares Silver Trust ETF (NYSE: SLV) gained 1.6 percent to 31.30. The spot price of silver climbed above $32 per once, extending election-fueled gains. Gold and SPDR Gold Shares ETF (NYSE: GLD) had goods days, climbing 0.7 percent. Bullish sentiment is tied to hope that loose Fed monetary policy will continue under the Obama administration.
iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (NYSE: FXI) declined 2.4 percent to 36.38. Shares in China fell in sympathy with equities in New York. China is electing a new leader this week - a once in a decade event - which may be causing jitters as investors are unaccustomed to China's new rulers.
SPDR S&P Retail (NYSE: XRT) declined 1.8 percent to 61.48. Shares of Supervalu (NYSE: SVU) and Kohls (NYSE: KSS) led the decline, falling 4 percent. Kohls decline is tied to its earnings report this morning. Specifically, investors were disappointed by lower Q4 guidance.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed's Yellen says FOMC sees 'significant' under-use of labor resources
- eBay (EBAY) Could Spin PayPal Unit in 2015 - Reports
- UPDATE: Ukraine Forces Attacked, Destroyed Part of Armed Convoy from Russia - Ukraine's Lysenko (RSX) (SPY) (QQQ)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesBarack Obama, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!