Notable ETF Movers of the Day 11/08: (SLV) Higher; (FXI) (XRT) Lower
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) to Acquire Family Dollar (FDO) for $74.50/Share
- Hospira (HSP) May Acquire Danone's Medical-Nutrition Business in $5B Deal - WSJ
- Carl Icahn Makes Quick $174M from Family Dollar Stores (FDO) Sale
- Virgin America Files for U.S. IPO
- Cummins, Inc. (CMI) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c; Boosts Revenue Growth Outlook
iShares Silver Trust ETF (NYSE: SLV) gained 1.6 percent to 31.30. The spot price of silver climbed above $32 per once, extending election-fueled gains. Gold and SPDR Gold Shares ETF (NYSE: GLD) had goods days, climbing 0.7 percent. Bullish sentiment is tied to hope that loose Fed monetary policy will continue under the Obama administration.
iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (NYSE: FXI) declined 2.4 percent to 36.38. Shares in China fell in sympathy with equities in New York. China is electing a new leader this week - a once in a decade event - which may be causing jitters as investors are unaccustomed to China's new rulers.
SPDR S&P Retail (NYSE: XRT) declined 1.8 percent to 61.48. Shares of Supervalu (NYSE: SVU) and Kohls (NYSE: KSS) led the decline, falling 4 percent. Kohls decline is tied to its earnings report this morning. Specifically, investors were disappointed by lower Q4 guidance.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: IMF Cuts Global Growth Outlook to 3.4%
- UPDATE: Crude Inventory -4M Barrels vs -2.4M Expected
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 07/24: (SODA) (YGE) (BBRY) (INO)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesBarack Obama, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!