Notable ETF Movers of the Day 11/08: (SLV) Higher; (FXI) (XRT) Lower
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
iShares Silver Trust ETF (NYSE: SLV) gained 1.6 percent to 31.30. The spot price of silver climbed above $32 per once, extending election-fueled gains. Gold and SPDR Gold Shares ETF (NYSE: GLD) had goods days, climbing 0.7 percent. Bullish sentiment is tied to hope that loose Fed monetary policy will continue under the Obama administration.
iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (NYSE: FXI) declined 2.4 percent to 36.38. Shares in China fell in sympathy with equities in New York. China is electing a new leader this week - a once in a decade event - which may be causing jitters as investors are unaccustomed to China's new rulers.
SPDR S&P Retail (NYSE: XRT) declined 1.8 percent to 61.48. Shares of Supervalu (NYSE: SVU) and Kohls (NYSE: KSS) led the decline, falling 4 percent. Kohls decline is tied to its earnings report this morning. Specifically, investors were disappointed by lower Q4 guidance.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ANN, Inc. (ANN) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Reiterates Q4 Outlook
- Market Wrap: CPI Flat in Oct.; Best Buy Ramps on Q3 Results; New Chief at Hertz
- Knightsbridge Tankers Ltd (VLCCF) Posts Q3 Loss of 11c/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesBarack Obama, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!