Notable ETF Movers of the Day 11/08: (SLV) Higher; (FXI) (XRT) Lower
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 11/28: (OPRN) (VRNG) (VGGL) Higher; (EXXI) (GDP) (LPI) Lower
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Thanksgiving Online Sales Up 20.1%, ChannelAdvisor Says (AMZN) (EBAY)
iShares Silver Trust ETF (NYSE: SLV) gained 1.6 percent to 31.30. The spot price of silver climbed above $32 per once, extending election-fueled gains. Gold and SPDR Gold Shares ETF (NYSE: GLD) had goods days, climbing 0.7 percent. Bullish sentiment is tied to hope that loose Fed monetary policy will continue under the Obama administration.
iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (NYSE: FXI) declined 2.4 percent to 36.38. Shares in China fell in sympathy with equities in New York. China is electing a new leader this week - a once in a decade event - which may be causing jitters as investors are unaccustomed to China's new rulers.
SPDR S&P Retail (NYSE: XRT) declined 1.8 percent to 61.48. Shares of Supervalu (NYSE: SVU) and Kohls (NYSE: KSS) led the decline, falling 4 percent. Kohls decline is tied to its earnings report this morning. Specifically, investors were disappointed by lower Q4 guidance.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Jaffray Sees Strong Holiday Sales for GoPro (GPRO) and Upside to Guidance
- S&P Boosts Rating on Delphi (DLPH) to 'BBB'; Sees EBITDA Margins Staying Firm
- Initial Jobless Claims 313K vs 288K Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesBarack Obama, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!