Notable ETF Movers of the Day 10/04: (USO) (TAN) Higher; (UUP) Lower
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
United States Oil ETF (NYSE: USO) gained 3.7 percent to 33.8. Oil recovered yesterdayâ€™s losses as tensions in the Middle East once again took center stage. Reports from yesterday about Turkey shelling Syria made the rounds and this causes concerns among some investors. Investors also appear somewhat reluctant to hold large positions in crude heading into Fridayâ€™s jobs number.
Guggenheim Solar (NYSE: TAN) gained 3.7 percent to 16.91. Trina Solar (NYSE: TSL) and LDK Solar Co., Ltd. (NYSE: LDK) saw strong gains, as did other companies in the sector. Todayâ€™s advance reverses losses from early in the week, as trading in the space remains choppy.
PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (UUP) declined 0.7 percent to 21.75. The dollar index fell in part because of gains in the spot rate for EUR/USD. ECB president Mario Draghi spoke today, expressing his willingness to buy government bonds in Spain in an effort to stabilize the cost of debt in the region, and this helped support the euro.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: API Crude Inventory -5M Barrels
- Import Price Index (MoM) 0.4% vs 0.7% Expected
- Empire Manufacturing (Jan) 6.5 vs 8.5 Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!