Notable ETF Movers of the Day 10/04: (USO) (TAN) Higher; (UUP) Lower
- Top 10 News for 2/8 - 2/12: Banks Crushed Amid Global Concerns; Tesla Ramps on Outlook; SEC Targets Boeing
- Wall Street rallies; S&P 500 snaps five-day losing streak
- Loeb's Third Point LLC 13F Shows New Stake Axalta (AXTA), Morgan Stanley (MS), Liquidates T-Mobile (TMUS), Lowers eBay (EBAY) ...
- Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Said to Explore Sale Following Interest
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Plans EUR 3B, $2B Debt Buyback
United States Oil ETF (NYSE: USO) gained 3.7 percent to 33.8. Oil recovered yesterdayâ€™s losses as tensions in the Middle East once again took center stage. Reports from yesterday about Turkey shelling Syria made the rounds and this causes concerns among some investors. Investors also appear somewhat reluctant to hold large positions in crude heading into Fridayâ€™s jobs number.
Guggenheim Solar (NYSE: TAN) gained 3.7 percent to 16.91. Trina Solar (NYSE: TSL) and LDK Solar Co., Ltd. (NYSE: LDK) saw strong gains, as did other companies in the sector. Todayâ€™s advance reverses losses from early in the week, as trading in the space remains choppy.
PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (UUP) declined 0.7 percent to 21.75. The dollar index fell in part because of gains in the spot rate for EUR/USD. ECB president Mario Draghi spoke today, expressing his willingness to buy government bonds in Spain in an effort to stabilize the cost of debt in the region, and this helped support the euro.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- EIA Data Shows Crude Inventory Declined Unexpectedly Last Week
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 2/12: (WEB) (NDAQ) (BIDU)
- UPDATE: Baker Hughes Total U.S. Rig Count -30 to 541, Oil Rigs -28
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!