Notable ETF Movers of the Day 09/01: (EWZ) (UUP) (XLE) Higher; (XLF) (TAN) (VXX) Lower
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 11/28: (OPRN) (VRNG) (VGGL) Higher; (EXXI) (GDP) (LPI) Lower
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Thanksgiving Online Sales Up 20.1%, ChannelAdvisor Says (AMZN) (EBAY)
- iShares MSCI Brazil Index (NYSE: EWZ) up 1.68 percent to $66.60. Brazilian stocks catching a bid after its central bank cut rates by 0.5 points to 12 percent. The Bovespa is up over 3 percent in trading Thursday.
- PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSE: UUP) up 0.38 percent to $21.15. Some mixed economic data today causing markets to search for a direction. Initial claims fell to 409,000 last week, slightly ahead of the 407,000 expected. ISM reported its index fell to 50.6, which was above the 48.5 expected on the Street.
- Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLE) up 0.42 percent to $68.93. Energy gaining today as hurricane season still continues in the Gulf of Mexico. Though Irene missed last week, there is a formation happening, while hurricane Katia, currently just over 1100 from land, may gain strength. October contracts are just $0.35 higher to $89.16 on the Comex.
- Financial Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLF) down 0.60 percent to $13.30. Could be some profit taking after several sessions leading to an upward trend. Investors may be setting up for tomorrows nonfarm payroll number, which the street sees at 73,000, but some analysts have made downward revisions to.
- Claymore/MAC Global Solar Index (NYSE: TAN) down 2.20 percent to $5.34. The ETF is being led lower by Trina Solar (NYSE: TSL), which is 6.2 percent lower on the session after getting below the $15.75 support level. Otherwise, the closure of Solyndra LLC is sending some shockwaves through the industry after announcing a bankruptcy yesterday.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 0.64 percent to $38.71. Volatility is lower Thursday, as markets pop from positive to negative, and back again, and volume is down ahead of the holiday weekend for U.S. markets. The CBOE VIX is 1.9 percent lower Thursday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $130 at Stifel
- Initial Jobless Claims 313K vs 288K Expected
- Sterne Agee Lists Six Top Retail 'Stock'ing Stuffers' Into the Holiday Season (ULTA) (COST) (DECK) (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Bankruptcy, Layoffs, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!