Notable ETF Movers of the Day 08/16: (GDX)(XHB) Higher; (IBB)Lower
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
- Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSE: GDX) up 2.75 percent to $45.37. The move is led by Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE: ABX) which is higher by 3 percent on news that it is in talks to sell its holdings in Barrick Africa. Other gold miners are also moving higher due to an increase in the spot price of gold, which is trading back above $1600 per ounce.
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) up 2.75 percent to $22.97. The move is in response to data on U.S. building permits. Building permits increased to 812k vs. estimates of 769k. Housing starts were a bit disappointing at 746K.
- iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology (NYSE: IBB) down 0.77 percent to $133.79. Shares of Perrigo Co. (Nasdaq: PRGO) declined by 6.4 percent following the company’s earnings report. Perrigo has a 4 percent weighting in IBB.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Oops, He Did it Again!... Greenspan Calls Bitcoin a 'Bubble'
- Fitch Rates Ameren Illinois' $280MM Sr. Secured Notes 'BBB+'; Outlook Stable
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesNotable ETF Movers, Earnings, Housing Starts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!