Notable ETF Movers of the Day 08/15: (SMH) Higher; (UNG) (SLX) Lower
- Market Wrap: Hayman Likes GM; Pandora Skirts Competition; Private Sector Jobs Bonanza
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/4: (PBYI) (MFRM) (GGP) Higher; (LGP) (SNPS) (ARO) Lower (more...)
- General Growth Properties (GGP) Set to Join the S&P 500
- Fed Saw 'Modest to Moderate' Growth with Stronger Manufacturing
- Oops, He Did it Again!... Greenspan Calls Bitcoin a 'Bubble'
- Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF (NYSE: SMH) up 0.60 percent to $33.64. Semis are moving higher today led by shares of Applied Materials Inc. (NYSE: AMAT) which are higher by 1.3 percent. AMAT is set to report earnings this afternoon.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) down 2.53 percent to $18.84. Natural gas futures are lower due to forecasts for moderate weather in the U.S., which could curb energy demand. Traders are caution ahead of tomorrow’s inventory data.
- Market Vectors Steel ETF (NYSE: SLX) down 1.05 percent to $44.66. Steel companies are trading lower intraday on Wednesday, led by shares of Rio Tinto (NYSE: RIO), which are lower by 2.9 percent due to lower expected commodity prices and a lack of clarity on stimulus in the U.S. and abroad.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bass' Hayman Capital Said to Take GM (GM) Stake
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/04: (PLUG) (GM) (LVS) High; (TC) (TRQ) Low
- Markets Pares Ealry Losses; Fed Reports Moderate Growth Amid Shutdown
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesNotable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!