Notable ETF Movers of the Day 07/09: (UNG) (SLV) (XLV) Higher; (XLF) (TAN) Lower
- Top 10 News for 07/21 - 07/25: In the Thick of Earnings; M&A Ramps Up; Where's the Homes?
- Goldman's GOAL Cuts Equities to Neutral, Corporate Credit to Underweight
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Posts Q2 Loss of 24c/Share
- IBM (IBM) Rejects Offer for Chip-Making Unit - Bloomberg
- Containerboard Stocks Could Revalue Up to 100% Under MLP Structures, Perry Capital Says (IP) (KS) (RKT)
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) up 2.82 percent to $19.52. New preliminary EIA data for April out shows the amount of power generated from burning nat gas equaled that of coal for the first time, each attributed to 32 percent of the nation's electricity generation.
However, coming off a few sweltering weeks where consumers cranked up the air conditioning, a little bit of below-normal temps are expected to hit key regions over the next week or so.
Nat gas August contracts are up $.086 to $2.862 per mmBtu on the Comex.
- iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV) up 1.03 percent to $26.57. Silver making a cautious rebound Monday after dropping a few dollars last week due to ECB rate cuts and comments, as well as jobs numbers in the U.S. that failed to inspire. Traders will be watching the FOMC Minutes for any signs of Fed action as well as PPI data on Friiday, which should show another drop in prices for June.
- Health Care Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLV) up 0.29 percent to $37.74. Some healthcare companies and pharmaceuticals moving higher on the accnouned acquisition of Amerigroup (NYSE: AGP) by WellPoint (NYSE: WLP) earlier. For more on the deal, click here.
- Financial Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLF) down 0.41 percent to $14.41. Financials lower as Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is slated to kick off second-quarter 2012 earnings after the market closes today and recent market activity has investors nervous. Of note, both Mastercard (NYSE: MA) and Visa (NYSE: V) were downgraded at UBS earlier, adding pressure to those shares, while Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) is sitting pretty following Jefferies starting the bank off at Buy with a $39 price target.
- Guggenheim Solar (NYSE: TAN) down 1.66 percent to $17.82. Solars could be seeing some pressure from nat gas news today.
Skipping the broader sector move is MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE: WFR), which announced closing of 98-MWp of PV power plants in Europe during the second quarter. The transactions include the sale of a 60MWp power plant in Bulgaria to a consortium of investors consisting of an affiliate of First Reserve Energy Infrastructure Fund, Crescent Capital and ACWA Power; a 13 MWp portfolio of projects in Italy to Eoxis; and a 25MWp power plant in Italy to an institutional investor.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: IMF Cuts Global Growth Outlook to 3.4%
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c, Sales Light
- Natural Gas Inventory 90 bcf vs 96 bcf Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesUBS, FOMC Minutes, Jefferies & Co, Federal Open Market Committee, First Reserve Corporation, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!