Notable ETF Movers of the Day 07/05: (VXX) (XHB) (XME) Higher; (XLF) (FXE) Lower
- Top 10 News for 12/15 - 12/19: Russia Raises Rates, Ruble Retreats; U.S., Cuba Get Friendly; Sony Crumbles Under Pressure
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Facebook's (FB) Instagram is Bigger and Better than Twitter (TWTR), Should Be Worth $35 Billion - Citi
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
- iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 2.29 percent to $14.22. The CBOE VIX is 4.7 percent better on the session as markets tense up over Chine and the ECB cutting rates today.
ECB president Mario Draghi said the move was made because risks remain
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) up 1.11 percent to $21.85. Homebuilders higher following initial claims data showing fewer than expected claims were made last week. About 374,000 Americans filed for unemployment insurance for the week ended 06/30, compared with expectations of 385,000.
- SPDR S&P Metals & Mining (NYSE: XME) up 0.79 percent to $43.40. Miners might be seeing a little more upside as EIA data today showed stockpiles fell 4.27 million barrels last week. The drop might indicate stronger demand on the back of infrastructure expansion. Alcoa (NYSE: AA) and Reliance Steel (NYSE: RS) are leading the segment higher today.
- Financial Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLF) down 1.42 percent to $14.60. Financials are being led by JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM), which is seeing some extra pressure today ahead of its second-quarter results, expected out on July 13th. For more color on JPMorgan's upcoming numbers, click here.
- CurrencyShares Euro Trust (NYSE: FXE) down 1.78 percent to $123.20. The euro weaker with the ECB cut today. Currently, the euro is down 1.12 percent to $1.2387.
Draghi & Co. cut the main refinancing rate by 25 basis points to 0.75 percent and the deposit rate by 25 basis points to zero.
For more on the central bank actions affecting markets today, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ukraine Cut to 'CCC-' by S&P, Outlook Negative (FXE) (UUP)
- WTI crude oil futures rise 5% in New York (USO) OIL)
- All Eyes on Fed and 'Considerable Time'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Standard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!