Notable ETF Movers of the Day 07/05: (VXX) (XHB) (XME) Higher; (XLF) (FXE) Lower
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 2.29 percent to $14.22. The CBOE VIX is 4.7 percent better on the session as markets tense up over Chine and the ECB cutting rates today.
ECB president Mario Draghi said the move was made because risks remain
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) up 1.11 percent to $21.85. Homebuilders higher following initial claims data showing fewer than expected claims were made last week. About 374,000 Americans filed for unemployment insurance for the week ended 06/30, compared with expectations of 385,000.
- SPDR S&P Metals & Mining (NYSE: XME) up 0.79 percent to $43.40. Miners might be seeing a little more upside as EIA data today showed stockpiles fell 4.27 million barrels last week. The drop might indicate stronger demand on the back of infrastructure expansion. Alcoa (NYSE: AA) and Reliance Steel (NYSE: RS) are leading the segment higher today.
- Financial Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLF) down 1.42 percent to $14.60. Financials are being led by JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM), which is seeing some extra pressure today ahead of its second-quarter results, expected out on July 13th. For more color on JPMorgan's upcoming numbers, click here.
- CurrencyShares Euro Trust (NYSE: FXE) down 1.78 percent to $123.20. The euro weaker with the ECB cut today. Currently, the euro is down 1.12 percent to $1.2387.
Draghi & Co. cut the main refinancing rate by 25 basis points to 0.75 percent and the deposit rate by 25 basis points to zero.
For more on the central bank actions affecting markets today, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Volatility and Volume movement
- UPDATE: Crude Inventory -2.39M Barrels vs -1.37M Expected
- Moody's Lower Outlook on Italy to Negative; Ratings Affirmed (FXE)