Notable ETF Movers of the Day 07/02: (IYR) (EWZ) Higher; (USO) (VXX) Lower
- iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate (NYSE: IYR) up 0.37 percent to $64.17. The ETF getting some positive movement from American Tower Corp. (NYSE: AMT), which is moving right along with other stocks in the sector on positive sentiment. Along with American Tower, Simon Property (NYSE: SPG) is higher following a positive blog post on REITs over the weekend, which highlighted the two companies.
- iShares MSCI Brazil Index (NYSE: EWZ) up 0.84 percent to $52.13. Shares in Brazil are trading higher Monday amid some weakness late last week. The central bank cut its GDP estimate from 2.18 percent down to 2.05 percent with its weekly survey, though the inflation outlook dropped from 4.95 percent down to 4.93 percent.
Brazil, like many emerging markets, saw plenty of negative impact from news out of Europe, and investors in the country continue to be cautious.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) down 2.48 percent to $31.04. Crude pressured on lowered demand expectations based on economic data from all over. Today, the U.S. ISM index came in at 49.7 for June, down from 53.5 prior and expectations of 52.2. The reading, below the expansion level of 50.0, was the first sign of contraction since May 2009.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 3.16 percent to $14.73. Volatility is surprisingly low Monday heading into the shortened holiday week. Despite economic data, healthy M&A news is adding some complacency to the marketplace.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CPI (Dec. MoM) 0.3% vs 0.3% Expected; Ex-food and Energy 0.2% vs 0.2%
- Retail Sales Advance (MoM) 0.6% vs 0.7% Expected; Ex Auto 0.2% vs 0.5%
- Empire Manufacturing (Jan) 6.5 vs 8.5 Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!