Notable ETF Movers of the Day 06/25: (UNG) (VXX) (UUP) Higher; (SPY) (XHB) Lower
- Market Wrap: Stocks Cry for Argentina; Tesla's 'Electrified' Q2 Report, Outlook; T-Mobile Gets New Suitor
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/31 (IMPV) (GDOT) (LNKD) Higher; (WWWW) (SREV) (GPRO) Lower (more...)
- Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c
- LinkedIn (LNKD) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
- Stocks Sink on Argentine Default and Rate Hike Worries
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) up 2.18 percent to $18.62. Nat gas higher as tropical storm Debby hovers in the Gulf of Mexico, a hotbed of nat gas production.
It appears someone is smiling on nat gas players following months upon months of depressed prices. Though no damage has been reported yet, the cease in production will trim stockpiles.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 9.00 percent to $17.32. The CBOE VIX is up 16.3 percent Monday as volatility in the market place is reaching elevated levels.as Spain and Greece continue to rule headlines.
Though Spain is expected to request bailout funds, asking for the full amount is weighing, as implications of such a move still need to be weighed
- PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSE: UUP) up 0.40 percent to $22.74. Some investors are seeking out the dollar as a safe haven ahead of an expected EU meeting later this week. The euro is down 0.5 percent to $1.2481.
- SPDR S&P 500 (NYSE: SPY) down 1.87 percent to $130.97. U.S. markets are largely lower on speculation about outcomes in Europe for the rest of the week. The Dow Jones is off 1.4 percent, S&P 500 down 1.9 percent, and Nasdaq down 2.1 percent.
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) down 1.96 percent to $19.46. Showing the broad strength of the market today, homebuilders lower amid data Monday showing a 7.6 percent increase in new home sales in May to 369,000. The Street was expecting about 350,000. Sales were 343,000 in April.
You May Also Be Interested In
- FOMC tapers bond buying program to $25B/month pace
- UPDATE: Impax Laboratories (IPXL) Issued Form 483 Following FDA Inspection of Taiwan Facility
- UPDATE: IMF Cuts Global Growth Outlook to 3.4%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!