Notable ETF Movers of the Day 06/04: (UNG) (FXE) Higher; (TAN) (MOO) Lower
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump takes office
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) up 2.72 percent to $16.62. Nat gas on the move due to some value buying as well as expectations for warmer-than-normal weather for much of the U.S. over the next week. Contracts are up about 2.6 percent on the session as a forecast from one national weather service sees temps at or above 90 degrees for much of the Midwest.
The WSJ notes that inventories are up 35 percent from the same period last year, to 2.815 trillion cubic feet.
- CurrencyShares Euro Trust (NYSE: FXE) up 0.62 percent to $124.31. The euro is paring some losses realized last week as traders close out bets on further near-term downfall. Despite Spanish yields ripping, many are waiting for later in the week when the the European Central Bank (ECB) will be holding a meeting, and Thursday, when U.S. Fed chair Ben Bernanke will be testifying in front of a congressional panel.
- Guggenheim Solar (NYSE: TAN) down 1.75 percent to $16.74. Solar stocks galling to still-low natural gas prices. With nat gas being cheap, the need for conversion to solar power wanes. For more color on the move in solars today, click here.
- Market Vectors Agribusiness ETF (NYSE: MOO) down 1.17 percent to $44.93. The segment lower on gloomy outlook for macro growth given the situation over in Europe as well as more potential easing in the U.S. should our situation not shape up. Mosaic (NYSE: MOS) and Deere (NYSE: DE) are both notably lower on the session, down 2.7 percent and 2 percent, respectively.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Natural Gas Inventory -243 bcf vs -236 bcf Expected
- Natural Gas Inventory -150 bcf vs -142 bcf Expected
- NAHB Housing Market Index 67 vs 69 Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesBen S. Bernanke, European Central Bank, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!