Notable ETF Movers of the Day 05/23: (VXX) (UNG) (UUP) Higher; (GLD) (SMH) (TAN) Lower
- Tapering Eve: Part II
- Market Wrap: CPI Flattens in Nov.; Microsoft Undecided on CEO...for Now; Homebuilders Gain Confidence
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/17: (SYNM) (WPCS) (HEI) Higher; (ONTX) (JBL) (PAY) Lower (more...)
- The Apple (AAPL) Halo Back? This Supplier is on Fire Thanks to Strong Apple Demand
- Microsoft (MSFT) Board of Directors Update on CEO Search; Not Expected Until Early 2014
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 4.80 percent to $21.60. Stocks lower as European leaders meet in a Brussels summit today, with little expected in terms of making decisions on the euro and how to spur growth. Investors remained focused on Greece and its potential exit from the union, despite leaders voicing support for Greece to stay.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) up 1.14 percent to $19.42. Nat gas steady ahed of inventory data Thursday with analysts suggesting another week of smaller-than-forecast gains. However, the WSJ points out that prices above $3 per mmBtu would still be a little rich for the market.
- PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSE: UUP) up 0.45 percent to $22.72. The U.S. dollar gaining as the euro shows weakness into the EU summit as well as investors seeking a safe haven from market volatility. Recent data has the euro at $1.2574, off about 0.9 percent, the weakest its been since July 2010.
- SPDR Gold Shares (NYSE: GLD) down 1.89 percent to $149.20. Gold ebbing for a third session Wednesday on European worries, as investors turned to cash rather than the metal. The stronger dollar makes gold more expensive for those buying in other currencies.
- Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF (NYSE: SMH) down 2.17 percent to $30.67. The tech sector seeing some weakness following Dell's (Nasdaq: DELL) first-quarter 2013 earnings report which saw weakness across multiple segments. Leading the move are Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) and Taiwan Semi (NYSE: TSM), down 3.5 percent and 3.4 percent, respectively.
- Guggenheim Solar (NYSE: TAN) down 2.68 percent to $17.10. Solars showing some weakness Wednesday following a couple of earnings reports. Trina Solar Ltd. (NYSE: TSL) missed views while SunTech Power (NYSE: STP) also reported a loss for the first quarter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Funds See 'Green' as Nat Gas Prices Surge
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/17: (FB) (NRF) (HLF) High; TRGT) (RYN) (WPRT) Low
- Natural Gas Inventory Declines 81 bcf vs Decline of 87 bcf Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!