Notable ETF Movers of the Day 05/17: (GLD) (XLE) (VXX) Higher; (UNG) (XHB) Lower
- Market Wrap: Durable Goods Orders Outpace in July; Best Buy Slumps on Outlook; iPad News Aplenty
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/26: (TUBE) (CHMT) (ARUN) Higher; (SWHC) (RGR) (TIVO) Lower (more...)
- TiVo, Inc. (TIVO) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c, Offers Q3 Guidance
- Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c; Cuts FY15 Outlook
- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Guides Q4 EPS, Revs
- SPDR Gold Shares (NYSE: GLD) up 2.25 percent to $152.82. Gold seeing a little bit of a squeeze Thursday following four days of weakness on news out of Europe. In addition, yesterday's FOMC Minutes might be spurring some purchases, with the Fed affirming that not easing would take place with signs of economic recovery being disrupted.
- Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLE) up 0.22 percent to $64.89. Energy stocks getting a lift on rebounding commodities prices on an expecting increase in demand. This comes as a Spanish bond auction saw its yield jump markedly and economic data from initial claims to the Philly Fed all came in missing expectations.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 1.64 percent to $20.40. The CBOE VIX is moving about 3 percent higher Thursday as a Spanish bond auction saw its yield jump markedly and economic data from initial claims to the Philly Fed all came in missing expectations. U.S. markets are all on the low side once again.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) down 3.45 percent to $18.17. Nat gas lower fllowing reports that nat gas stockpiles rose 61 billion cubic feet to 2.667 trillion cubic feet last week. The Street was looking for a rise in the range of 52 to 56 bcf.
June nat gas contracts are down $.078 to $2.540 per mmBtu on the Comex.
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) down 4.59 percent to $20.09. Homebuilders giving more back Thursday on economic data. The ETF has been caught in somewhat of a limbo as housing data has failed to inspire buying back into the sector.
You May Also Be Interested In
- S&P 500 Reaches 2,000 Milestone for First Time Ever
- S&P 500 moves above 2,000 for first time (SPY)
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 8/22: (SEAS) (AKS) (IBCP) Upgraded; (DE) (DCT) (AMPE) Downgraded
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesFOMC Minutes, Federal Open Market Committee, Standard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!