Notable ETF Movers of the Day 05/17: (GLD) (XLE) (VXX) Higher; (UNG) (XHB) Lower
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
- SPDR Gold Shares (NYSE: GLD) up 2.25 percent to $152.82. Gold seeing a little bit of a squeeze Thursday following four days of weakness on news out of Europe. In addition, yesterday's FOMC Minutes might be spurring some purchases, with the Fed affirming that not easing would take place with signs of economic recovery being disrupted.
- Energy Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLE) up 0.22 percent to $64.89. Energy stocks getting a lift on rebounding commodities prices on an expecting increase in demand. This comes as a Spanish bond auction saw its yield jump markedly and economic data from initial claims to the Philly Fed all came in missing expectations.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 1.64 percent to $20.40. The CBOE VIX is moving about 3 percent higher Thursday as a Spanish bond auction saw its yield jump markedly and economic data from initial claims to the Philly Fed all came in missing expectations. U.S. markets are all on the low side once again.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) down 3.45 percent to $18.17. Nat gas lower fllowing reports that nat gas stockpiles rose 61 billion cubic feet to 2.667 trillion cubic feet last week. The Street was looking for a rise in the range of 52 to 56 bcf.
June nat gas contracts are down $.078 to $2.540 per mmBtu on the Comex.
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) down 4.59 percent to $20.09. Homebuilders giving more back Thursday on economic data. The ETF has been caught in somewhat of a limbo as housing data has failed to inspire buying back into the sector.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Fed Officials Saw Need to Watch for Inflation Expectations to Drop - FOMC Minutes
- TheStreetSweeper Negative on Blue Nile (NILE)
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 11/20: (LB) (AMZN) (REGN) (GS) (FB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesFOMC Minutes, Federal Open Market Committee, Standard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!