Notable ETF Movers of the Day 05/16: (UNG) (EWZ) (FXE) Higher; (VXX) (SLV) (RTH) Lower
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- Autohome (ATHM) IPO Nearly Doubles on Open
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/11: (CYTR) (VIMC) (NRF) Higher; (GEVO) (AVNR) (LH) Lower (more...)
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Misses Q1 EPS by 7c; adj.-Comps Up 5%
- Valero Energy Partners LP (VLP) IPO Opens Up Over 20%
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) up 1.09 percent to $11.09. Natural gas futures are higher today as Baker Hughes (NYSE: BHI) reported a drop in rigs by 16 to 874, the lowest since January 2010. Weather forecasts are mixed across the country, still leaving time for investors and traders to price in futures on summer demand. June contracts are $0.061 higher to $4.307 per mmBtu on the Comex.
- iShares MSCI Brazil Index (NYSE: EWZ) up 1.56 percent to $72.70. Brazil stocks trading strong as economists reduced inflation outlooks for FY11 from 6.33 to 6.31 percent, still stronger than 4.5 percent expected for the year. Additionally, oil giant Petroleo Brasileiro (NYSE: PBR) reported record net income of R$10.99 billion for the quarter, leading markets higher today.
- CurrencyShares Euro Trust (NYSE: FXE) up 0.85 percent to $141.71. Traders moving into the euro on European debt concerns with Greece leading the charge once again.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 1.52 percent to $23.27. The CBOE VIX is down about 2.5 percent today on overall mixed market conditions and economic data. Emprie Manufacturing index at 11.9, missed views calling for 18. NAHB Housing Market index was flat at 16.
- iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV) down 1.60 percent to $33.83. Silver pulling back today after stabilizing late last week. Silver shot up to just about $50 per ounce, only to come back down to the mid-$30s recently. Investors have been eyballing it as a solid alternative to currencies and the sometimes volatile gold play. Silver is $0.403 to $34.610 per ounce.
- Retail HOLDRs (NYSE: RTH) down 0.37 percent to $113.19. Top holdings in the ETF mixed today, amid solid quarterly numbers from retail giant J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP). Amazon (Nasdaq: AMZN) and Lowe's (NYSE: LOW) are leading the ETF down today, Lowe's seeing pressure following its own quarterly earnings report. Both are down nearly 2.5 percent.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Trading Radar for 12/09: Layne Christensen (LAYN), Pep Boys (PBY), Analogic (ALOG), PVH (PVH) Report
- UPDATE: Pep Boys (PBY) Posts Q3 EPS of 2c; Comps Fell 1%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings, NAHB Housing Market Index
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!