Notable ETF Movers of the Day 05/08: (VXX) (UUP) Higher; (USO) (XLY) Lower
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/31: (MELI) (GPRO) (SRPT) (LNKD) Higher; (AEGR) (TPX) (TRMB) (SBUX) Lower (more...)
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) to Acquire Aviv REIT (AVIV) in $3B Deal
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) up 5.19 percent to $17.84. The CBOE VIX is trading about 9 percent higher Tuesday as investors keep an eye on Greece following the election of Alexis Tsipras. Tsipras is not a fan of austerity and markets are reacting.
For more color, click here.
- PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSE: UUP) up 0.25 percent to $22.09. The U.S. dollar is firm Tuesday as many seek refuge from overall volatility on European news. The euro is down 0.5 percent to $1.3018.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) down 1.73 percent to $36.41. Crude slipping on the stronger dollar, which makes contracts more expensive to outside investors (those not buying in U.S. dollars, which the contracts are denominated in). Crude is also just about $97, its lowest point since the end of 2011.
- Consumer Discret Select Sector SPDR (NYSE: XLY) down 1.98 percent to $44.00. The ETF being led by McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) which reported just a 3.3 percent gain in global comps for April, from $6.0 percent in the prior year and internal expectations calling for a 4.0 percent gain. McDonald's shares are off 1.9 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Ends Third Round of QE as Planned; Sees 'Solid Job Gains' with Lower Unemployment
- U.S. gasoline prices to fall below $3/gallon for first time since 2010 - Bloomberg (OIL) (USO)
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 10/30: (TTWO) (RDN) (V) High; (AUY) (AVP) (ARAY) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!