Notable ETF Movers of the Day 04/27: (XRT) (RTH) (UNG) Higher; (OIH) (VXX) Lower
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
- SPDR S&P Retail (NYSE: XRT) up 1.48 percent to $62.31. Well, Amazon.com (Nasdaq: AMZN), Tripadvisor (Nasdaq: TRIP), and Priceline (Nasdaq: PCLN) are leading the ETF higher following solid earnings from Amazon as well as Expedia (Nasdaq: EXPE), peer to Priceline and Tripadvisor.
- Market Vectors Retail ETF (NYSE: RTH) up 1.94 percent to $42.62. Again, Amazon is pushing the ETF higher. Shares of Amazon are up 15 percent on the session, equating to a market cap gain of about $13 billion. Of note, Apple would achieve the same market cap gain on a 2.3 percent to 2.5 percent shift higher (depending on if you're doing calculations from yesterday's close or intraday).
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) up 1.52 percent to $15.46. Nat gas moving higher as cooler weather will be moving in through the weekend to much of the Midwest and East Coast, prompting many to turn up thermostats. Nat gas June contracts are $.033 to $2.159 per mmBtu on the Comex.
- Market Vectors Oil Services ETF (NYSE: OIH) down 0.52 percent to $40.47. Energy companies lower as the drop in GDP -- from 3.0 percent in Q411 to 2.2 percent last quarter -- has many seeing a slightly decline in demand. Analysts were expecting GDP to drop 2.5 percent in the first-quarter, so the move was largely expected.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 0.26 percent to $16.19. The CBOE VIX is slightly lower as positive earnings reports and University of Michigan sentiment data are easing investor GDP and European debt concerns. Earlier, the final UofM Sentiment Index reading for April came in at 76.4, better than the prior report and expectations calling for 75.7.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- TOMI™ Schedules Third Quarter 2013 Earnings Conference Call
- Market Wrap: Mandela Passes Away; U.S. Shows Robust Growth in Q3; Diversifying Twitter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!