Notable ETF Movers of the Day 04/24: (XHB) (USO) Higher; (VXX) (UNG) Lower
- AbbVie (ABBV) to Acquire Pharmacyclics (PCYC) for $21 Billion
- Market Wrap: Job Additions Light in Feb.; McDonald's Plans Better Product Sourcing; Lumber Liquidators Chopped Again
- Etsy (ETSY) Files $100 Million IPO
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/04: (RNDY) (PEIX) (PCYC) Higher; (SMTC) (VNDA) (ECA) Lower (more...)
- ADP Employment Change 212K vs 219K Expected
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) up 2.22 percent to $20.69. Homebuilders moving higher today on reports of housing price declines slowing as well as the FHFA Housing Price Index showing a surprise gain from its prior reading. New home sales of 328K also outpaced views calling for 318K in sales.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) up 0.64 percent to $39.28. Crude mixed following economic data out Tuesday, earnings, and continued issues in Europe. Yesterday, Germany's PMI was said to di from 48.4 down to 46.3 in March, adding even more pressure to global economic recovery expectations.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 1.73 percent to $18.04. The CBOE VIX is trading lower Tuesday as more complacency returns to the market ahead of Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) quarterly report and numbers from AT&T (NYSE: T) which were good enough to boost the stock well above 3 percent on the session.
The near-term VIX index is 2.8 percent lower.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) down 0.86 percent to $14.96. Nat gas is lower following a 4.8 percent gain Monday in the wake of a late-season nor'easter that hit the East Coast over the weekend. Speculators moved prices higher on assumption that consumers kicked thermostats up on chillier weather. Front month contracts are off slightly Tuesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hain Celestial (HAIN) to Acquire Remaining EK Holdings in $57.6M Deal
- Darling Ingredients (DAR) Tops Q4 EPS by 21c
- Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!