Notable ETF Movers of the Day 04/24: (XHB) (USO) Higher; (VXX) (UNG) Lower
- Top 10 News for 2/1 - 2/5: Payrolls Gain, Unemplment Wanes; Investors Move Out of LinkedIn; Viacom Legend Steps Down
- Technology rout pushes Nasdaq to lowest close since 2014
- Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 151K vs 190K Expected; UE Rate 4.9% vs 5% Expected
- Investors Smell Opportunity in Flint's Stinky Water
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) up 2.22 percent to $20.69. Homebuilders moving higher today on reports of housing price declines slowing as well as the FHFA Housing Price Index showing a surprise gain from its prior reading. New home sales of 328K also outpaced views calling for 318K in sales.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) up 0.64 percent to $39.28. Crude mixed following economic data out Tuesday, earnings, and continued issues in Europe. Yesterday, Germany's PMI was said to di from 48.4 down to 46.3 in March, adding even more pressure to global economic recovery expectations.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 1.73 percent to $18.04. The CBOE VIX is trading lower Tuesday as more complacency returns to the market ahead of Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) quarterly report and numbers from AT&T (NYSE: T) which were good enough to boost the stock well above 3 percent on the session.
The near-term VIX index is 2.8 percent lower.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) down 0.86 percent to $14.96. Nat gas is lower following a 4.8 percent gain Monday in the wake of a late-season nor'easter that hit the East Coast over the weekend. Speculators moved prices higher on assumption that consumers kicked thermostats up on chillier weather. Front month contracts are off slightly Tuesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WGL Holdings (WGL) Misses Q1 EPS by 11c, Raises Dividend
- Elite Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to Host Conference Call to Discuss 3rd Quarter 2016 Financial Results on February 10, 2016
- Postmaster General and CFO Host Web Call on U.S. Postal Service Fiscal Year 2016 First Quarter Financial Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!