Notable ETF Movers of the Day 04/24: (XHB) (USO) Higher; (VXX) (UNG) Lower
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street off day's best levels after Trump inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders (NYSE: XHB) up 2.22 percent to $20.69. Homebuilders moving higher today on reports of housing price declines slowing as well as the FHFA Housing Price Index showing a surprise gain from its prior reading. New home sales of 328K also outpaced views calling for 318K in sales.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) up 0.64 percent to $39.28. Crude mixed following economic data out Tuesday, earnings, and continued issues in Europe. Yesterday, Germany's PMI was said to di from 48.4 down to 46.3 in March, adding even more pressure to global economic recovery expectations.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 1.73 percent to $18.04. The CBOE VIX is trading lower Tuesday as more complacency returns to the market ahead of Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) quarterly report and numbers from AT&T (NYSE: T) which were good enough to boost the stock well above 3 percent on the session.
The near-term VIX index is 2.8 percent lower.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) down 0.86 percent to $14.96. Nat gas is lower following a 4.8 percent gain Monday in the wake of a late-season nor'easter that hit the East Coast over the weekend. Speculators moved prices higher on assumption that consumers kicked thermostats up on chillier weather. Front month contracts are off slightly Tuesday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!