Notable ETF Movers of the Day 04/11: (SPY) (USO) High; (VXX) (UNG) Low
- Market Wrap: GM Unloads Peugeot; lululemon Sags on Thin Outlook; Hilton is Open for Trading
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/12: (CNDO) (TXI) (ADBE) Higher; (APC) (RH) (XOMA) Lower (more...)
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
- Microsoft (MSFT) Said to Consider Qualcomm's Steve Mollenkopf for CEO
- Fidelity, Silicon Valley VCs Want You to Open Your Wallet to Bitcoin
- SPDR S&P 500 (NYSE: SPY) up 0.96 percent to $137.20. U.S. indices are up on the session, trying to fend off a five-session slide in April, following a strong start to the first-quarter earnings season with a beat by Alcoa (NYSE: AA) issued Tuesday.
Alcoa reported adjusted net income of 9 cents per share on revs of $6.01 billion, versus consensus views calling for a loss of 4 cents per share and revs of $5.77 billion.
The beat is bringing life back to markets which have absolutely loved taking a breather in April following a powerful first-quarter to 2012.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) up 1.56 percent to $39.11. Crude inventories last week rose 2.8 million barrels, compared with a 2.2 million barrel gain expected by Dow Jones and 6.6 million barrel gain reported by the American Petroleum Institute late-Tuesday night. May contracts are $1.80 better to $102.82 on the Comex.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 3.51 percent to $19.77. The CBOE VIX is off about 3.4 percent Wednesday as markets try to push higher following a five-session dip lower.
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) down 0.98 percent to $15.09. Nat gas lower again as warmer weather in the forecast means less usage in the works for consumers. On a positive note, summer is approaching, meaning more might be burned off as fuel for electricity to heat homes. Nat gas May contracts are down $.021 to $2.010 per mmBtu on the Comex.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Natural Gas Inventory Declines 81 bcf vs Decline of 87 bcf Expected
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/06: (PLUG) (AUXL) (CONN) High; (RAX) (AGNC) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!