Notable ETF Movers of the Day 03/27: (VXX) (XHB) (EWJ) Higher; (UNG) Lower
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Fund (NYSE: VXX) up 5.50 percent to $16.53. The CBOE VIX is up about 5 percent Tuesday on tepid economic data. Home prices fell 0.8 percent for the three-months ended January, though the drop has ebbed from a 1.3 percent dip in November and 1.1 percent slide for the three-months ended December.
Otherwise, the Conference Board reported that U.S. consumer confidence fell about 1.4 points to 70.2 in March, beating views calling for a 70.0 reading.
- SPDR Series Trust SPDR Homebuilers (NYSE: XHB) up 2.16 percent to $21.95. Homebuilders getting a little bump following strong first-quarter numbers from Lennar (NYSE: LEN). The builder reported EPS of 8 cents and revs of $724.9 million, versus consensus views calling for earnings of 4 cents per share and revs of $699.7 million. Lennar is up over 6 percent on the session Tuesday. For more color on its quarterly numbers, click here.
- iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (NYSE: EWJ) up 0.98 percent to $10.16. Shares in Asia seeing a little delayed reaction following Fed Chief Bernanke's comments Monday as well as it being the last day to buy in before about 80 percent of Topix companies closed off buying for dividend payments.
Of note, the Nikkei 225 ended at its highest level since the catastrophic earthquake which hit offshore Japan on March 11, 2011.
- United States Natural Gas Fund (NYSE: UNG) down 0.92 percent to $17.20. Nat gas continues lower on supply concerns. The AP noted today prices hit $2.18 per mmBtu, just about half the level nat gas was trading at in July 2011.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Trading Radar for 03/10: FuelCell (FCEL), Fuel Tech (FTEK), Resolute Energy (REN), Douglas Dynamics (PLOW) Report
- UPDATE: CTC Media, Inc. (CTCM) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.48 - Correct
- CoreLogic Home Price Index Rose 12% in January (IYR) (XHB)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesBen S. Bernanke, Standard & Poor's, Dividend, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!