Notable ETF Movers of the Day 03/16: (UNG) (EWJ) (SMH) Higher; (XRT) (VXX) Lower
- Equinix (EQIX) to Acquire TelecityGroup in $3.6B Deal
- Intel (INTC) Said Near $15B Offer for Altera (ALTR)
- GameStop (GME) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c; Bumps Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/28: (HRTX) (STML) (GME) (BLOX) Higher; (DECK) (CLLS) Lower (more...)
- Splunk (SPLK) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Guides Q2 Revenue Ahead of Views
- United States Natural Gas Fund (NYSE: UNG) up 2.51 percent to $18.37. Nat gas ripping on recent inclement weather across the Midwestern U.S. as well as data from the EIA showing imports of the commodity might be at 20 year lows.
The EIA estimates that daily average net imports was just about 5 billion cubic feet per day in 2011, stemming from lower imports and increased exports. That is the lowest level its been since 1992, data show.
- iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (NYSE: EWJ) up 0.70 percent to $10.11. Stocks in Japan showed a gain Friday following initial claims and manufacturing data out of the U.S. Many traders continue to eye the stronger yen and its impact on Japanese corporations.
- Market Vectors Semiconductor ETF (NYSE: SMH) up 0.20 percent to $35.36. Being led by Intel Corp. (Nasdaq: INTC), which is up today after word spread it acquired a stake in Tobii, a Swedish company that has been working for years on eye-tracking laptops and other devices. Intel acquired a 10 percent position for about $21 million. Shares are up about 0.4 on the session. Otherwise, the semi market is tepid following ho-hum economic numbers Friday.
- SPDR S&P Retail ETF (NYSE: XRT) down 0.96 percent to $61.02. Retailers lower following University of Michigan data showing a confidence reading of 74.3 in March, from 75.3 in February and expectations for 75.8. Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) investors are taking some profit following a nice 4.6 percent run Thursday. Shares are off about 1.5 percent Friday.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Fund (NYSE: VXX) down 0.14 percent to $21.59. The CBOE VIX is slightly lower Friday as markets fluctuate between positive and negative territory on mixed economic data today, following stronger data earlier in the week.
In addition to UofM data, CPI rose 0.4 percent in February (versus 0.4 percent consensus), industrial production flat and capacity utilization at 78.7 percent, about 0.1 point below views.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Market Wrap: Avago, Broadcom Make it Official; Pending Home Sales Ramp in April; JPMorgan Plans Major Job Cuts
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 05/27: (EOX) (OPXA) (TIF) Higher; (KORS) (WDAY) (CHS) Lower (more...)
- Trading Radar for 5/29: Big Lots (BIG), Graham (GHM), Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!