Notable ETF Movers of the Day 03/09: (XHB) (TAN) (XME) Higher; (FXE) (UNG) Lower
- Wall Street indexes flat in pre-holiday lull; health, consumer up
- Market Wrap: Durable Orders Outpace in Oct.; Deere Issues Cautious Outlook; Valeant Combats Short Sellers
- UPDATE: HP, Inc. (HPQ) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c; Issues Q1, FY16 EPS Guidance
- Obama says U.S. is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel
- Deere & Co. (DE) Tops Q4 EPS Views; Sees FY16 Sales Down ~7%
- SPDR Series Trust SPDR Homebuilers (NYSE: XHB) up 2.62 percent to $20.74. Homebuilders are at it again Friday, moving higher following the Greek debt swap deal as well as nonfarm payroll numbers which saw additions of 227,000 beat views. Leading the move today are Lennar (NYSE: LEN) and M.D.C. Holdings (NYSE: MDC), up 4.2 percent and 3.6 percent on the session, respectively.
- Guggenheim Solar ETF (NYSE: TAN) up 3.14 percent to $27.10. Solars making a confident move higher following a dismal week on multiple earnings reports. First Solar (Nasdaq: FSLR) is bouncing nicely on the session, up about 4.3 percent, though shares are still down about 9 percent from last Friday.
- SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF (NYSE: XME) up 2.78 percent to $50.76. Gold front month contracts are lower, but investors are taking a little bit of a bullish stance longer-term with April contracts up $8.9 on the session and August contracts also up $8.8. Positive sentiment from Greece and a solid jobs report are bolstering investor confidence today, but gold might be seeing action as an inflation hedge.
- Rydex CurrencyShares Euro Currency (NYSE: FXE) down 1.17 percent to $130.54. The euro is surprisingly weak today amid the Greek debt deal. Traders are still keeping an eye on Italy, Portugal, and other EU members who still are sorting out their own sovereign debt issues.
- United States Natural Gas Fund (NYSE: UNG) down 0.11 percent to $18.26. Nat gas continues hanging near 10-year lows Friday following EIA showing an 80 billion cubic foot drop in stockpiles, compared with consensus views calling for a drop of 84 billion cubic feet.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC) PT Lifted to $70 at Oppenheimer
- Esterline Technologies (ESL) Enters Agreement to Sell Wallop Defence Systems Assets
- Leerink Positive on Feasibility of Shire/Baxalta Deal (SHPG) (BXLT)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Layoffs, Notable ETF Movers, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!