Notable ETF Movers of the Day 02/22: (FXI) (XLE) Higher; (VXX) (XLF) Lower
- Top 10 News for 4/25 - 4/29: Merger Madness!; Valeant Hies New Boss; Icahn's Exit of Apple Could be Telling Sign
- Wall Street falls as earnings weigh; Dow, S&P up for month
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 49c; Issues Q2 Outlook
- Exclusive: Yahoo's bidder shortlist points to cash deal -sources
- Yen posts biggest weekly gain since 2008, stocks slip
- iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (NYSE:: FXI) up 0.80 percent to $40.25. China stocks moving higher on further speculation that Shanghai will ease property curbs to buoy slumping home prices in the region. The Shanghai Composite closed 0.9 percent higher Wednesday.
- SPDR Select Sector Fund - Energ (NYSE: XLE) up 0.38 percent to $75.67. Crude futures are turning positive as traders keep an eye in tensions in Iran versus slowing growth in the West as highlighted by data out of Europe today. April contracts are down just about $.10 per barrel on the Comex.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Fund (NYSE: VXX) down 2.45 percent to $25.91. The VIX is down slightly though markets are lower on slowing business activity in Europe. Markit Economics PMI for February fell to 49.7, from 50.4 reported in January.
- SPDR Select Sector Fund - Financial (NYSE: XLF) down 1.25 percent to $14.59. Financials taking a little breather Wednesday following the euphoria from the Greek bailout last weekend. Otherwise, Obama's bid to lower the corporate tax rate is having little effect on markets. Leading the drop today is Citi (NYSE: C), which is off nearly 3 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 4/28: (X) (AAL) (ALR) Upgraded; (RBC) (CG) (DVAX) Downgraded
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 4/29: (ALXN) (WNS) (CE) Upgraded; (WYNN) (SRPT) (DB) Downgraded
- After-Hours Stock Movers 04/28: (GIMO) (AMZN) (EXPE) (LNKD) Higher; (NPTN) (MOH) (SYNA) (AKS) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesCiti, Standard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Barack Obama, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!