Notable ETF Movers of the Day 01/23: (UNG) (USO) (SLV) Higher; (VXX) (UUP) Lower
- Charter Communications (CHTR) to Acquire Time Warner Cable (TWC) for ~$196/Share in Cash, Stock
- Twitter (TWTR) Held Talks to Acquire Flipboard for $1B in Stock - Report
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 05/26: (GKNT) (LPSN) (TWC) Higher; (ETSY) (FSLR) (HBAN) Lower (more...)
- Priceline (PCLN) Will Make Additional $250M Investment in Ctrip.com (CTRP)
- Barrick Gold (ABX), Zijin Mining Enter Strategic Partnership; Zijin Will Acquire 50% of Barrick Niugini
- United States Natural Gas (NYSE: UNG) up 3.54 percent to $5.27. Nat gas getting a boost Monday following reports that Chesapeake (NYSE: CHK) will be cutting production following the dip in nat gas prices.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) up 0.77 percent to $38.07. Crude moving higher following reports that Iranian crude oil imports will be banned in the European Union. For more color on the ban, click here. March contracts are $0.74 higher to $99.07 per barrel on the Comex.
- iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV) up 1.83 percent to $31.80. Metals are in the spotlight once again Monday, as debt talks in Greece continue. Pressure has come in from Germany and France for Greece to negotiate more swiftly with its private creditors. Traders are positioning themselves a little more safely as the outcome of discussions is all but certain.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE: VXX) down 1.09 percent to $28.11. The CBOE VIX is actually up on the session, as markets continue to search for direction.
- PowerShares DB US Dollar Index Bullish (NYSE: UUP) down 0.63 percent to $22.23. Sentiment is hopeful that Greece and creditors will come to a reasonable conclusion. French Finance Minister Francois Baroin has said that discussions are making "tangible progress."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Many Fed Officials saw June Rate Rise as Unlikely - FOMC Minutes
- Trading Radar for 5/26: AutoZone (AZO), TiVo (TIVO), Nimble Storage (NMBL), Workday (WDAY) Report
- U.S. CPI Rose 0.1% in April, Down M/M; Subpar Energy, Food Performance Weigh on Gains
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Special Reports
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Notable ETF Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!