N.Y. Fed raises U.S. third-quarter GDP view to 2.96 percent
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Federal Reserve and New York City Police officers stand guard in front of the New York Federal Reserve Building in New York, October 17, 2012. REUTERS/Keith Bedford/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The New York Federal Reserve on Friday raised its forecast on U.S. economic growth in the third quarter to 2.96 percent from 2.43 percent it estimated a week ago following a stronger-than-forecast increase in industrial output in July.
"The largest contributions came from capacity utilization and industrial production data," the N.Y. Fed said in a statement.
(Reporting by Richard Leong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Philadelphia Fed 23.6 vs 15.3 Expected
- Mexico says top U.S., Mexican officials to meet in Washington next week
- UPDATE: Weekly Crude Inventory Increases by 2.3M Barrels, Says EIA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Economic Data, Insiders' Blog, Reuters
Related EntitiesIndustrial Production
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!