N.Y. Fed raises U.S. third-quarter GDP view to 2.96 percent
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Federal Reserve and New York City Police officers stand guard in front of the New York Federal Reserve Building in New York, October 17, 2012. REUTERS/Keith Bedford/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The New York Federal Reserve on Friday raised its forecast on U.S. economic growth in the third quarter to 2.96 percent from 2.43 percent it estimated a week ago following a stronger-than-forecast increase in industrial output in July.
"The largest contributions came from capacity utilization and industrial production data," the N.Y. Fed said in a statement.
(Reporting by Richard Leong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fed Beige Book Says Job Market Tight; Outlooks Mostly Positive
- Leading Index (Sep) 0.2% vs 0.2%
- Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Economic Data, Insiders' Blog, Reuters
Related EntitiesIndustrial Production
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!