Markets Trade to Session Highs Amid Soft Jobs Numbers
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Markets are trading to session highs Friday amid today's nonfarm payrolls report.
The S&P 500 is up 0.5 percent, the Dow is up 0.3 percent, and the wily Nasdaq is up 0.6 percent.
Earlier, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said that the U.S. added 161,000 nonfarm payrolls in October, falling short of the 173,000 Street consensus. The unemployment rate was flat at 4.9 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Equity and Commodity Markets Movements
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Durable Goods (Oct. F) 4.6% vs 3.4% Expected; Ex-Trans 0.8% vs 0.5%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Market Check
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!