Investors on Edge as Soft Economic Data Poses Threat of Downward Breakout
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Stocks fell Thursday after soft ISM data showed a surprise contraction in U.S. manufacturing. Investors were already on edge ahead of August jobs data tomorrow morning, which comes at a critical time for markets given the Fed's focus on data dependence and indexes threatening to breakout of their tight August trading range.
The S&P 500 traded near 2160 heading into mid-day, closer to the August low near 2147 than the high at 2194.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Peabody Energy (BTUUQ) Shares Active After Filing of Monthly Operating Report
- Microsemi (MSCC) calls expiring today active as shares rally 3%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Market Check, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!