Initial Jobless Claims Fell to 262K Last Week; Estimates Called for 265K Claims
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Initial Jobless Claims 262K vs 265K Expected
UPDATE - More from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
In the week ending August 13, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 262,000, a decrease of 4,000 from the previous week's unrevised level of 266,000. The 4-week moving average was 265,250, an increase of 2,500 from the previous week's unrevised average of 262,750.
There were no special factors impacting this week's initial claims. This marks 76 consecutive weeks of initial claims below 300,000, the longest streak since 1970.
The advance seasonally adjusted insured unemployment rate was 1.6 percent for the week ending August 6, unchanged from the previous week's unrevised rate. The advance number for seasonally adjusted insured unemployment during the week ending August 6 was 2,175,000, an increase of 15,000 from the previous week's revised level. The previous week's level was revised up 5,000 from 2,155,000 to 2,160,000. The 4-week moving average was 2,155,000, an increase of 10,750 from the previous week's revised average. The previous week's average was revised up by 1,250 from 2,143,000 to 2,144,250.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Initial Jobless Claims 234K vs 252K Expected
- Mnuchin Says Long-Term Strength of U.S. Dollar is Important - Bloomberg
- NAHB Housing Market Index 67 vs 69 Expected
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesETFs, Economic Data
Related EntitiesInitial Jobless Claims
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!