UPDATE: Byron Capital Markets Downgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Hold, Cautious About Feb. Unit Sales
- Apple (AAPL) Will Replace AT&T (T) in the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 295K vs 235K Expected
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 03/06: (CALA) (LTM) (AAPL) Higher; (SSH) (CKP) (CNAT) Lower (more...)
- Fed Stress Test Shows all 31 Banks Exceed Minimum Requirements (JPM) (GS) (MS) (WFC) (BAC)
- Staples (SPLS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Comps Fell 1%
Byron Capital Downgrade of BlackBerry - "we are also concerned that unit sales in the February quarter.... will not be that exciting" -Tom Astel
Byron Capital Markets downgraded BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $18 Thursday. Analyst Tom Astel said he thinks the company is still a turnaround story, but would prefer to buy to stock on dips rather than maintain a long position. He also said at over $16 the stock was pricing his best "guess" for 2014 earnings, at $1.60 per share. On a more cautious tone, the analyst warned about February unit sales.
"On a more short-term basis, we are also concerned that unit sales in the February quarter to be reported at the end of this month will not be that exciting, given the staged launch and some data points from the Jabil (NYSE: JBL) results on Wednesday. We had modelled 1 million BB10 units for that quarter, but we expect something less than that now. We are more hopeful for margins as we think initial sales of the Z10 have carried strong ASPs," said the analyst in the downgrade report.
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $16.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Buy Town Sports (CLUB) on Life Time Fitness (LTM) Rumors, Says Analyst
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Guides FY15 EPS Below Consensus
- Axcelis Technologies (ACLS), Vertex Capital Enter Agreement Over Director Nominations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDowngrades, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!