Needham & Company Downgrades Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC) to Hold
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company downgraded Bitcoin Investment Trust (: GBTC) from Buy to Hold, although the firm raised its Bitcoin price projection from $655 to $848.
Analyst Spencer Bogart commented, "Due to faster-than-expected adoption and improving fundamentals we are raising our Bitcoin price projection (from $655 to $848) but downgrading GBTC (to HOLD from BUY) based on the substantial premium at which shares trade relative to their net asset value. Focusing on Bitcoin, we’re encouraged that 1) adoption is trending faster than we forecasted in March, 2) fundamentals are improving, and 3) there are upcoming protocol improvements that we think present attractive optionality for the price of Bitcoin. At the highest level, we continue to see value in Bitcoin as a "digital gold" and as a payment network that is enabling a global, open, permissionless financial system."
Shares of Bitcoin Investment Trust closed at $93.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- JPMorgan Downgrades TriNet Group (TNET) to Neutral
- RBC Capital Downgrades AFLAC (AFL) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDowngrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Bitcoin
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!