Needham & Company Downgrades Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- AIG's (AIG) Peter Hancock Assumes CEO Role; Benmosche Becomes Advisor
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
Needham & Company downgraded Advanced Energy Industries (NASDAQ: AEIS) from Buy to Hold following CEO resignation.
Analyst Y. Edwin Mok said, "AEIS's CEO Gerry Rogerson is viewed as the key figure in driving the major operational changes to enable strong earnings growth and leverage in the company. It is therefore not surprising to see the stock sell-off in after-hours trading. While reasons for his departure could be completely unrelated to the recent resignation of AE's President of the Solar BU, we are concerned that multiple high-level executive departures in such a short time would cause major disruption of the business. Given the near-term uncertainty, coupled with the aggressive consensus estimates in our view, we are turning more defensive on AEIS and are downgrading the stock from Buy to Hold."
Shares of Advanced Energy Industries closed at $19.00 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Williams-Sonoma (WSM) Momentum Slowing; Morgan Stanley Downgrades to Equalweight
- Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) PT Raised to $44 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; 'Neutral' Maintained
- Tiffany & Co. (TIF) PT, Estimates Raised at Nomura Post Q2
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!