Macquarie Group Downgrades U.S. Coal Sector (ANR, CNC, MEE, PCX, BTU)
- Target Corp. (TGT) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c; Cuts FY14 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 8/20: (FOLD) (AEO) (DGLY) Higher; (HTZ) (LOW) (TGT) Lower (more...)
- Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Cuts FY14 Comps Outlook
- Staples (SPLS) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Sees Q3 Sales Lower Y/Y
- Hertz (HTZ) Sees FY14 Results Well Below Prior Guidance; Announces Director Retirement
Reports from Actionablecalls, Macquarie Group is downgrading the U.S. coal sector from Overweight to Neutral.
According to the report Macquarie said, "We are downgrading our ratings on the U.S. coal sector to Neutral from Overweight as we believe demand for seaborne metallurgical coal in China is slowing following discussions with Macquarie’s network of global physical coal traders and our commodity team. We have heard from Canadian producers that the Chinese have pushed back on deliveries and there appears to be an absence of new demand in Australia, suggesting that coking coal imports for September and October could fall sharply. The main export markets for U.S. coking coal of Europe and Brazil remain very weak and prices for spot met coal in the Atlantic Basin remain well below the Pacific Basin, limiting upside for U.S. companies."
Alpha Natural (NYSE: ANR) from Outperform to Neutral
CONSOL Energy (NYSE: CNX) from Outperform to Neutral
Massey Energy (NYSE: MEE) from Outperform to Neutral
Patriot Coal (NYSE: PCX) from Outperform to Underperform
Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) from Outperform to Underperform
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergan (AGN) Approached Salix Pharma (SLXP) - DJ
- Apple (AAPL) Surpasses All-Time Intra-Day High
- Apple (AAPL) Pennies Away from $100
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDowngrades, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMacquarie Group
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!