FBR Capital Downgrades Cisco (CSCO) to Underperform, Sees Reduction in Routers and Switches
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
FBR Downgrades Cisco - "a slow, but meaningful, reduction in the number of routers and switches deployed" - FBR
"We believe Cisco will become increasingly more challenged to offset weaker-than-expected routing and switching demand as it works to transition to a more software- and service-centric business model," the analyst said in its downgrade report. "Looking ahead, we see the potential for additional negative technological trends that could significantly blur the lines between routers, switches AND servers."
They continued, "As a result, we expect: (1) a slow, but meaningful, reduction in the number of routers and switches deployed into networks; (2) the adoption of an increasingly larger mix of white box, lower-margin product; (3) the announcement of new competitive products and vendors that could negatively affect gross margins at both companies and across the space. We encourage investors to take profits, and we move to the sidelines as we work to better understand the significant changes occurring across the networking landscape."
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Cisco click here. For more ratings news on Cisco click here.
Shares of Cisco closed at $21.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Midcoast Energy Partners, L.P. (MEP) to Neutral
- Jefferies Downgrades Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc. (CNSL) to Hold
- TD Securities Upgrades Mercer International (MERC) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!